So I had a little time off because my rotation this month has had a lighter patient load than expected. Enough time to brainstorm some Valentine’s Day sweets for my family and colleagues.
What sold me was the use of jello in the pudding cookies. The initial recipe has a beautiful pale pink color. I wanted something a little more vibrant, so I used a little hot pink gel coloring in addition to adding extra cherry jello powder to make a reddish cookie. I also swapped the white chocolate pudding mix for french vanilla. They are tender, delicious and full of flavor. I am brainstorming other combinations of jello for future cookies now!
Cherry White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cherry flavored Jell-o mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp concentrated food coloring in pink or red
- 1 4-oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and jello mix together.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix in coloring to achieve desired color.
- Sift together pudding mix, floud, soda, salt.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (or 1″ scoop) onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes andlet cool 5 minutes prior to transferring to cooling racks.